Benefits include beautiful style, fire resistance, energy efficiency, and a proven performance expectation of 50+ years.
////////// It’s a fact that residential aluminum roofing is one of the fastest-growing segments of home improvement. In short, aluminum roofing has more advantages. The benefits offered by today’s aluminum roofs allow homeowners to upgrade their homes with lasting products. While composition roofs quickly diminish in value as they age, aluminum roofs provide the following long-lasting benefits:
- Beautiful styles to match any home or neighborhood and approved by most homeowners associations
- Proven lifetime performance expectation of 50+ years
- Energy efficiency achieved by keeping homes cooler (think about Texas summers)
- Low weight to help preserve structural integrity and life
- Highly fire resistant
The All-Star Roof Systems Classic Advantage
While the benefits of aluminum roofing are well-known, our company takes things even further with the Classic Advantage. Classic Advantage benefits will not be found with most competing products. Consider these unique benefits:
- Completely concealed fasteners for beauty and weather tightness
- Unique manufacturing methods provide today’s most intricately designed metal roofing profiles
- Special hI-R Heat Barrier Finishes reflect radiant heat even in dark colors
- Full range of colors to meet today’s home design trends and customer preference
- A non-pro-rated Lifetime / 40-Year Transferable Limited Warranty for all owners
- If you sell your home, then the warranty transfers to the new owner with no transfer fee
- A proven manufacturer with 30+ years of experience
- Product lines with 40 – 50 years of field use (in Texas)
- Hi-tech Kynar 500 or Hylar 5000 coatings
- Optional PVDF powder coating for custom colors and blends
- Green products – Recycled content of up to 95%
- We use proven flashing designs including our unique “no-clog” valley system
- Available factory-formed custom flashings
- Product weights as low as 0.45 pounds per square foot
- Excellent customer support team available to help homeowners
The Benefits of Aluminum Roofing
One of the essential factors in roofing is how environmentally safe they are. Aluminum shake roofs are made from 99% recycled content. The use of aluminum means the use of less asphalt. Asphalt is challenging to recycle, which means it ends up in a landfill. Aluminum, on the other hand, can be reused time and time again. Whether it’s an aluminum roof, aluminum cans, or piping, all are recyclable and, thus, help our environment.
Having a metal roof means that you will save a substantial amount on your annual bill. Energy saving is one of the main factors many homeowners are concerned about today. Aluminum roofs reflect over 94% of radiant heat, and air pockets in the aluminum roof help to keep conductive heat from inside the house. Many aluminum roofs have reflective paint finishes that also help reduce radiant heat penetration, resulting in lower utility bills. Most studies have shown a reduction in Kilowatt-hours ranging between 18% and 25%.
Hail & Impact
Another significant aspect of aluminum roofing is how they protect your home from hail and other impactful. As a result, we only offer and install Class IV aluminum roofing systems that carry a UL2218 rating. This rating is the highest impact-rated material available on the market today. When you install aluminum roofing of this caliber on your home or business, the Texas State Board of Insurance mandates your insurance carrier to provide a discount to your insurance premium for having such a high impact rated product.
Our aluminum roofing also offers excellent wind resistance. With recently devastating hurricanes, such as Ike, Katrina, and Rita, wind resistance has been home and business owners’ primary roofing concern. We’ve all seen the results of these storms, either first hand or from news reports. From Texas to Florida, most of the roofing systems that survived were metal. In fact, a 30-year-old aluminum roof is capable of sustaining the same winds as a brand new aluminum roof.
Possibly the most crucial element of a roof, durability is vital when it comes to our aluminum. The Texas heat and humidity play a huge role in the degradation of most roofing systems. Ultimately, most roofing systems fail because they dry out, become brittle, and crack with age. Most aluminum roofing systems are entirely impervious to this type of damage. With today’s coating technologies, many manufacturers are offering finishes that maintain their integrity and color very well, even when exposed to heat and sun. In short, our aluminum roofing system outperforms any other roofing material.
Appearance is something that many homeowners look at before anything else. People buy aluminum roofs for many different reasons, so we focus on making them as elegant and beautiful as we can. As a result, we prioritize our roofing’s aesthetic. If you speak to anyone that has an aluminum roof, they will proudly tell you they’ve never had so many compliments until they installed one on their home or business.