Composite Roof Systems
GAF Roofing – CertainTeed Roofing – Owens Corning Roofing
- Two-piece laminated fiber glass-based construction
- 300 lbs. per square
- UL Class A fire resistance
- UL certified to meet ASTM D3462
- UL certified to meet ASTM 3018 Type 1
- Conforms to CSA standard A123.5
- Miami-Dade Product Control Acceptance: Please see the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) to determine approved products by manufacturing location.
- Lifetime, limited transferable warranty
- 10-year SureStart™ warranty (100% replacement and labor costs due to manufacturing defects)
- 15-year StreakFighter® warranty against streaking and discoloration caused by airborne algae
- 15-year, 110mph wind-resistance warranty
- Wind warranty upgrade is available for Landmark Premium up to 130 mph. Specified CertainTeed starter and CertainTeed hip and ridge are required
All Star Roof Systems is a CertainTeed ShingleMaster
ShingleMaster™ (SM) – Contractors who are focused on superior workmanship and customer satisfaction earn the SM credential by employing a Master Shingle Applicator qualified workforce or participating in an SM Credential Course. An SM can offer you SureStart PLUS extended warranty coverage when an Integrity Roof System is installed on your home.
Owens Corning TruDefinition Duration
It’s the nailing line on your shingles. The difference between a good shingle and a great shingle is having SureNail® Technology. With SureNail® Technology, strength and durability are built into every Duration® Series shingle, thanks to the unique fabric strip in the nailing area. This unique shingle design provides outstanding gripping power.
- Patented SureNail® Technology — Only from Owens Corning and featured on our Duration® Series shingles.
- Breakthrough Design — The tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip is embedded in the shingle to create a strong, durable fastener zone.
- Triple Layer Protection®+ — A unique “triple layer” of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area.
- Outstanding Grip — The SureNail® strip enhances the already amazing grip of our proprietary Tru-Bond® sealant.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance — The SureNail® grip helps deliver 130-MPH wind warranty* performance with fewer nails than required by most competitors.
Algae growth may cause brown to black streaks on roofs but this discoloration does not impact the service life of the shingles. Algae species are transported through the air and growth occurs to varying degrees in all regions of the country; especially those subjected to warm, humid conditions. Algae should not be mistaken for fungus growth, soot, dirt, or moss. Almost all types of roofing systems are susceptible to algae discoloration. Where noted on the individual Product Detail page Technical Specifications tab, Owens Corning provides limited warranty coverage on some of our shingles for algae resistance. For full details of coverage, refer to the actual warranty for details, limitations, and requirements.
GAF Timberline HD
Architecturally stylish but practically priced—with a Lifetime ltd. warranty.
Features GAF’s “High Definition” color blends and enhanced shadow effect for a genuine wood-shake look.
Class A fire rating from Underwriters Laboratories, the highest rating possible.
Designed with Advanced Protection® technology, which minimizes the use of natural resources while providing superior protection for your home (visit www.gaf.com/aps to learn more).
Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.
Stays In Place…
Dura Grip™ Adhesive seals each shingle tightly and reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Shingles warranted to withstand winds up to 130 mph.
Peace of Mind…
Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice®Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first ten years.
- Fiberglass asphalt shingle
- Lifetime ltd. transferable warranty
- Smart Choice® protection for the first 10 years
- 130 mph ltd. wind warranty
- Listed Class A Fire – UL 790
- Passes ASTM D7158, Class H
- ASTM D3018 Type 1
- ASTM D3161 Type 1, Class F
- ASTM D3462 (See Details)
- StainGuard® Algae Discoloration ltd. warranty (available in most areas)
- Energy Star Qualified (white only)
- Miami-Dade County Product Control Approved (See Details)
- Florida Building Code approved
- Texas Department of Insurance approved (See Details)
- ICC Approved (See Details)
- CSA A123.5-98 (See Details)
- Approximately 64 Pieces/Sq.
- Approximately 3 Bundles/Sq.
- Approximately 256 Nails/Sq.
- 5 5/8″ exposure
Would You Like to Learn More?
If you would like to learn more or to discuss your project just give us a shout to get started. There is no obligation.